294177Re: delivery status notification (DNS)

    Jul 8, 2013
      Pol Hallen:
      > Follow official postfix page (http://www.postfix.org/DSN_README.html) I've:
      > smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps = cidr:/etc/postfix/esmtp_access
      > cat /etc/postfix/esmtp_access
      > # Allow DSN requests from local subnet only
      > silent-discard
      > silent-discard, dsn
      > ::/0 silent-discard, dsn
      > I've small lan on and all clients uses a single smtp postfix
      > server.
      > On clients, send the emails with "delivery status notification" option.
      > After sent, postfix send me a delivery status notification:
      > Successful Mail Delivery Report
      > but that email is within postfix queue (why I stopped destination over
      > internet smtp server - purpose test).

      Can you translate that last sentence into plain language?

      > So, my postfix server always send a delivery status notification also if
      > there's a transmission problem.

      Can you translate that sentence into plain language?

      > What's the error?

      Can you describe in plain language what you expected to happen,
      and what (did not) happen instead?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic