293958Re: Local UNIX accounts, aliasing & rejecting mail to non-public UNIX accounts

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Jun 22, 2013
      On 6/22/2013 6:13 AM, Craig R. Skinner wrote:
      > Stan's idea of a plain canonical domain & rejecting specific Unix
      > accounts via smtpd_recipient_restrictions check_recipient_access
      > reject_system_accounts.map works.

      Everyone whose replied in this thread knows and understands aliasing
      much better than I do. The only thing of value I think I can add at
      this point is that using a recipient restriction gives you some
      flexibility, maybe a greater degree of control. For one you can tailor
      the reject code and reason text on a per address basis in the map file.
      You can also use the same map to arbitrarily reject mail for any
      address in the future, should the need arise, though the latter is
      pretty quick to fix up in a pinch. Having the map in place simply makes
      it a little quicker. But the key is really that you're directly
      specifying which addresses for which you will reject inbound mail via
      smtp. There's no guesswork no matter what's going on in the back end
      WRT aliasing.

      --
      Stan
    • Show all 37 messages in this topic