293755Re: Bulk Mailing Performance

  • Peer Heinlein
    Jun 12, 2013
      Am 12.06.2013 21:17, schrieb fletch:

      > here are claiming 10 million/hour? I guess that would be possible if a
      > sender were to run, say, 40 postfix instances which would be a complete
      > management nightmare of course.

      You already lost.

      I did this even 5-6 years ago with 3-4 millionen mails / hour in one
      postfix instance on one stupid dual-xeon server with 100 MBit uplink.

      > Obviously, vendors like Port25 (company behind PowerMTA) and GreenArrow
      > would not be able to make any sales if the benefits of commercial software
      > products v. open source were not substantial.

      They're making sales with people, that believe that people coming from a
      comercial company are always and automatically better then everbody else.

      Peer

      --
      Heinlein Support GmbH
      Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

      http://www.heinlein-support.de

      Tel: 030 / 405051-42
      Fax: 030 / 405051-19

      Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG: HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht
      Berlin-Charlottenburg,