293426Re: sent mail to the mail list which contains myself

  • Stan Hoeppner
    May 28, 2013
      On 5/28/2013 9:11 PM, Bu Xiaobing wrote:
      > On 2013-5-28 16:12, lists@... wrote:
      >> On Tue, 28 May 2013 16:04:09 +0800
      >> Bu Xiaobing <bushurui@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> When I send mails to the mail list that contains myself, I will
      >>> received the mail.
      >>>
      >>> Is there any way to discard there mails sent back to the original
      >>> sender in the mail list?
      >>>

      >> This not related to postfix. But if you're using Mailman to manage mail
      >> list, there are option to change this behavior.. look at "Receive your
      >> own posts to the list?" and set it to "No".
      >>

      > The mail lists built for internal use only, the lists/members are
      > maintained by LDAP, so I think the Mailman can't help.

      What you have is called a "distribution list". As others mentioned, if
      you want the feature you describe, you will need to use mailing list
      manager software for everyone in the list to have this option.

      If you want this only for yourself, again as mentioned, create a
      rule/filter in your MUA to discard such messages.

      --
      Stan
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic