293296Re: Postfix, Autoreply

  • Charles Marcus
    May 22, 2013
      Please don't top-post - response inline below...

      On 2013-05-22 10:25 AM, motty cruz <motty.cruz@...> wrote:
      On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Charles Marcus <CMarcus@...> wrote:
      On 2013-05-21 8:23 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
      motty cruz skrev den 2013-05-21 02:04:

      Does anybody have a script that work for autoresponders?

      try the one in postfixadmin, note it does not reply to maillists blindly

      Well... I had a lot of trouble with it responding to a lot of things that it shouldn't (facebook junk, etc).

      The latest trunk version of the vacation script has a new variable and test function that lets the admin easily add new strings to test for in the From/MailFrom (envelope and headers) that will result in not sending the vacation message.

      I highly recommend using the new version if you decide to use it. It is very effective now for my purposes.

      Thank your suggestions, do you mind pointing to a source for vacation script? I'm using FreeBSD

      Thank you for your help!

      My apologies... I see that Rudi still hasn't merged the last version of these changes to the trunk version. I just pinged him to see if he will do so, but until then, here is his latest version:

      https://github.com/valkum/postfixadmin/blob/cdcccddbe2e1d6758cd63899e7b8973156f1412a/VIRTUAL_VACATION/vacation.pl

      It has been running on my system for months now, and works great. Reduced the number of bogus responses from many per day per user, to virtually none, with my expanded custom no_reply string:

      $noreply_pattern = 'alert|autoreply|auto-reply|bounce|constantcontact|do-not-reply|facebook|linkedin|list-|listserv|mailer|majordomo|myspace|newsletter|noreply|no-reply|owner\-|\-(owner|request|bounces)|postmaster|request\-|twitter';

      --

      Best regards,

      Charles

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic