293239google outbound SMTP whitelisting

  • Mike.
    May 19 12:08 PM
      I wanted to put google's outbound SMTP servers on a postscreen
      whitelist, but the list seems to be dynamic. I found this web page
      that explains how to get the list of IP addresses:
      http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=de&answer=60764

      So I wrote a quick script that outputs to stdout the list of CIDR
      addresses in a format suitable for a postscreen whitelist.

      The script is called gwhitelist.sh and is available here:
      http://archive.mgm51.com/sources/gwhitelist.html

      The output from the script currently is:

      # gwhitelist.sh
      216.239.32.0/19 permit
      64.233.160.0/19 permit
      66.249.80.0/20 permit
      72.14.192.0/18 permit
      209.85.128.0/17 permit
      66.102.0.0/20 permit
      74.125.0.0/16 permit
      64.18.0.0/20 permit
      207.126.144.0/20 permit
      173.194.0.0/16 permit
      2001:4860:4000::/36 permit
      2404:6800:4000::/36 permit
      2607:f8b0:4000::/36 permit
      2800:3f0:4000::/36 permit
      2a00:1450:4000::/36 permit
      2c0f:fb50:4000::/36 permit

      I tested the script under OpenBSD 5.3, FreeBSD 9.1, and Debian
      GNU/Linux 6.0.6.

      Comments are welcome.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic