293219Re: Snapshot 20130517

    May 18, 2013
      /dev/rob0:
      > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:06:38PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > > Wietse Venema:
      > > > I can change postscreen to also use partial scores for
      > > > whitelisting of non-DNS tests, and thereby make whitelisting
      > > > of non-DNS tests consistent with DNS-based blocking (that's one
      > > > less WTF factor). This requires minor code duplication.
      > >
      > > Released as snapshot 20130517.
      >
      > For testing I reenabled PSBL, and I'll see what comes in overnight.
      > I thought I could make my own pseudo-DNSBL on a random IP address
      > with blocked ports 53, but I need to set up an NS record to point to
      > that. I'll do that tomorrow if results tonight are inconclusive.

      For whitelisting I used a wild-card "A" record, and for timeout
      testing I used an NS record that resolves to a firewalled port (a
      black hole).

      This confirmed that postscreen will now use partial scores to
      whitelist pending non-dnbsbl tests.

      I can make those domain names available for general testing (but
      not now as I am in the middle of a copper-to-fiber conversion).