293146Re: HOLDing certain recipients during migration

  • francis picabia
    May 14, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Sahil Tandon <sahil+postfix@...> wrote:
      On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 13:13:54 +0100, Miha Valencic wrote:

      > On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:
      > > HOLD acts at the message level, not the recipient level.
      > > If one recipient of a multi-recipient message is put on HOLD, all
      > > recipients of that message will be affected.
      > I see. I believe the HOLD is better suited to our scenario as a
      > temporary reject and this (HOLDing messages for all recipients if one
      > matches) is acceptable.

      I do not understand your response; the HOLD action is not a temporary
      reject.  Anyway, my involvement earlier in the thread is for others who
      might chance upon this chain in the archives, and prefer the alternative
      (and IMHO more robust) approach.

      I looked up the other thread where it is suggested to use transport_maps
      file with entry like:

      user@... retry:4.0.0 Mailbox being migrated

      I've tested it, and it works fine if I use the target address of virtual_alias_maps,
      but not if I list the address in the email.  In our case this is to hold/suspend email
      until the mailbox is copied to a second system, where we continue to
      run mail on both mailbox systems.

      If I set up entries like:

      user@... retry:4.0.0 Mailbox being migrated

      That will keep it in the queue all right, but how to release it so it
      will deliver to user@... after mailboxes have
      been moved?  I'd think we'd need a way to hold it prior to getting
      processed by the virtual mapping.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic