293146Re: HOLDing certain recipients during migration

  • francis picabia
    May 14, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Sahil Tandon <sahil+postfix@...> wrote:
      On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 13:13:54 +0100, Miha Valencic wrote:

      > On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:
      > > HOLD acts at the message level, not the recipient level.
      > > If one recipient of a multi-recipient message is put on HOLD, all
      > > recipients of that message will be affected.
      >
      > I see. I believe the HOLD is better suited to our scenario as a
      > temporary reject and this (HOLDing messages for all recipients if one
      > matches) is acceptable.

      I do not understand your response; the HOLD action is not a temporary
      reject.  Anyway, my involvement earlier in the thread is for others who
      might chance upon this chain in the archives, and prefer the alternative
      (and IMHO more robust) approach.

      Hello,

      I looked up the other thread where it is suggested to use transport_maps
      file with entry like:

      user@... retry:4.0.0 Mailbox being migrated

      I've tested it, and it works fine if I use the target address of virtual_alias_maps,
      but not if I list the address in the email.  In our case this is to hold/suspend email
      until the mailbox is copied to a second system, where we continue to
      run mail on both mailbox systems.

      If I set up entries like:

      user@... retry:4.0.0 Mailbox being migrated

      That will keep it in the queue all right, but how to release it so it
      will deliver to user@... after mailboxes have
      been moved?  I'd think we'd need a way to hold it prior to getting
      processed by the virtual mapping.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic