293091Re: block spam mail from lan

  • lists@rhsoft.net
    May 11, 2013
      Am 11.05.2013 14:34, schrieb Pol Hallen:
      > I don't understand.
      > Situation: A real user using browser connect to squirrelmail and send a
      > mail. It's ok.
      > But if this user create a mail bomb using squirrelmail how way to spam I
      > can have this problem

      well, nothing can really prevent you from bad users with valid logins
      you can only mitigate the amount of spam until you recognize what
      happens and you shut down the user account

      the problem with webmail and such limitations is that you have
      always the same client-ip and if the values are too low it
      affects users which are not responsible for spam

      so the solution is get rid of untrustable users and/or force
      them at least to use a mail-client from their own IP/machine

      anvil_rate_time_unit = 1800s
      smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 50
      smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 400
      smtpd_recipient_limit = 100