293090Re: block spam mail from lan

  • Pol Hallen
    May 11, 2013
      > And the most effective countermeasure to spam originating from devices
      > on the LAN has nothing to do with Postfix. As most spamware in the wild
      > today still attempts to send direct-to-MX, simply creating a TCP 25
      > egress filter at your edge router/firewall will give the best bang for
      > the buck. This simply means creating a rule to drop all outbound TCP 25
      > connections except those originating from the IP of your Postfix MTA.

      I don't understand.

      Situation: A real user using browser connect to squirrelmail and send a
      mail. It's ok.

      But if this user create a mail bomb using squirrelmail how way to spam I
      can have this problem.

      If a drop port 25, user can send any mail.

      Or tell me what I don't understand.

      Thanks!
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic