292916Re: attachments on bounce messages generated by postfix

  • Reindl Harald
    May 2, 2013
      Am 02.05.2013 21:16, schrieb Charles Marcus:
      >> stoneold yes, but unsupported not really
      >
      > Unsupported according to the postfix site...

      says who?

      >> [root@vmware-recovery:~]$ rpm -qa | grep postfix
      >> postfix-2.3.3-6.el5
      >>
      >> rpm -q --changelog postfix
      >> * Tue Jul 03 2012 Jaroslav Škarvada<jskarvad@...> - 2:2.3.3-6
      >
      > So he should have asked on the redhat list...

      you genius realized that the question was answered before your post?
      so why you needed to post 12 hours after the solution?

      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      Betreff: Re: attachments on bounce messages generated by postfix
      Datum: Thu, 2 May 2013 12:13:45 +1200
      Von: Ben WIlliams <benwilliams@...>
      An: postfix-users@...

      Thanks that fixed it.

      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users@... <mailto:postfix-users@...>>
      wrote:

      On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 10:31:43AM +1200, Ben WIlliams wrote:

      > Please can someone help me understand how to configure what is attached to
      > bounce messages.
      >
      > The version is postfix 2.3.3. Originally it only attached the message
      > headers of the failed email with Content-Description: Undelivered Message
      > Headers
      >
      > Now it attaches the entire failed email with Content-Description:
      > Undelivered Message
      >
      > I would like to revert to the previous behaviour where only the headers are
      > attached to the bounce.

      This depends on the message size and the bounce size limit.

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_size_limit

      If you set

      bounce_size_limit = 1

      bounces will only include headers (no rfc822 message fits in a
      single byte). Postfix does not permit setting the limit to zero or less.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic