292906Re: attachments on bounce messages generated by postfix

  • Ben WIlliams
    May 1, 2013
      Thanks that fixed it.

      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users@...> wrote:
      On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 10:31:43AM +1200, Ben WIlliams wrote:

      > Please can someone help me understand how to configure what is attached to
      > bounce messages.
      > The version is postfix 2.3.3. Originally it only attached the message
      > headers of the failed email with Content-Description: Undelivered Message
      > Headers
      > Now it attaches the entire failed email with Content-Description:
      > Undelivered Message
      > I would like to revert to the previous behaviour where only the headers are
      > attached to the bounce.

      This depends on the message size and the bounce size limit.

      If you set

              bounce_size_limit = 1

      bounces will only include headers (no rfc822 message fits in a
      single byte). Postfix does not permit setting the limit to zero or less.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic