292811Re: Message_size_limit issue with postfix v 2.8.8-1 on RHEL 6

    Apr 24, 2013
      On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 04:47:26PM +0200, Nicolas HAHN wrote:

      > This is a reply to myself because I'm reviewing the way it works.
      >
      > > Yes, but if I'm right, the log message is emitted at the time there
      > > is an e-mail processed (by postfix/local for my issue).
      >
      > In fact, the fatal is written in the logs each minute and 1 second
      > for this issue in my case by the postfix/local daemon

      Can you post the fatal error messages you found, especially the
      messages that log why the queue manager was restarting, as that
      is the real problem.

      It is clear why local(8) was having issues, it writes mailbox files.
      It is not yet clear why qmgr(8) was having issues. Though the need
      to generate bounces into a non-working postmaster mailbox is unfortunate,
      when the postmaster mailbox can't be written, that should just lead to
      double bounces, which then get thrown away, so I don't see why the
      queue-manager would restart...