292648Re: Scheduling policies for outgoing smtp server

  • Timo Röhling
    Apr 15, 2013
      Am 2013-04-05 12:36, schrieb Giorgio Luchi:
      > - User A [...] sends 1 different email to 1 million
      > of different domain destinations
      > [...]
      > - User B [...] sends an email to a different more domain destinatio

      Doesn't this scream for two different postfix instances?
      - One high priority instance with strict rate limiting
      - One low priority instance for bulk messages, possibly with some sort
      of traffic shaping

      You could check for a Precedence: bulk header to forward mails to the
      correct postfix instance automatically. Or am I overlooking an obvious
      problem here?

      Timo
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic