292542Re: Stripping Received: headers

  • /dev/rob0
    Apr 12, 2013
      A word at the outset here: I predict this will come back to bite you
      in a most painful way. As Noel suggested, you're going to run afoul
      of some clueless spam checks. Some years back I know that Hotmail/MSN
      actually *discarded* such mail silently!

      Note also that Postfix itself uses Received: headers as a protection
      against mail loops. Let's hope you don't get a loop going!

      On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 05:49:47PM +0300, Geoff Shang wrote:
      > Is there any way I can be sure that the special cleanup agent
      > is running? I see the socket
      > /var/spool/postfix/public/submission_cleanup

      It's running. To see what it does:

      > master.cf:

      > submission_cleanup unix n - - - - cleanup
      > # Strip Received: lines from authenticated mail
      > -o header_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks
      -o syslog_name=postfix/submission/cleanup

      Every non-default service should have its own syslog_name to enhance
      your log searches.

      > /etc/postfix/header_checks:
      >
      > # Remove any Received: headers from authenticated mail.
      > /^Received:/ IGNORE
      /./ WARN

      That might get too noisy in the logs, but at least you will know your
      alternate cleanup service is being used.