292528Re: postfix and Berkeley DB

  • LuKreme
    Apr 12 4:10 AM
      In our previous episode (Thursday, 11-Apr-2013), Reindl Harald said:
      > i can not imagine that this file is created by the postfix
      > of which you posted the ld-output because it is not linked
      > against it

      I assure you it is. This is exactly why I am puzzled, though Sahil may have provided the answer (see below)

      I built postfix with:

      make -f Makefile.init makefiles 'CCARGS=-DHAS_MYSQL -DUSE_TLS -DUSE_SASL_AUTH -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -I/usr/local/include/mysql -I/usr/local/include/sasl' 'AUXLIBS=-L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto -L/usr/local/lib -lsasl2'

      # postconf -m
      btree
      cidr
      environ
      hash
      internal
      mysql
      pcre
      proxy
      regexp
      static
      tcp
      texthash
      unix

      In our previous episode (Thursday, 11-Apr-2013), Sahil Tandon said:
      > As documented, Postfix uses the default Berkeley DB version that ships
      > with your system, which I am assuming is FreeBSD.

      Yes, FreeBSD VeryOld-stable.

      Then which of the libdb.so files on the system is postfix using?

      # locate libdb.so
      /usr/local/lib/db42/libdb.so
      /usr/local/lib/db44/libdb.so
      /usr/local/lib/db48/libdb.so

      I can recompile linking against the db48 version, as I assume that is the best choice.

      --
      'And I promise you this,' he [Carrot] shouted, 'if we succeed, no-one
      will remember. And if we fail, no one will forget!'