292515Re: Setting up secure submission for remote users

  • Reindl Harald
    Apr 11, 2013
      Am 12.04.2013 00:04, schrieb LuKreme:
      > On Apr 8, 2013, at 13:26, Jeroen Geilman <jeroen@...> wrote:
      >
      >> The clue is that there should be no permit_ rules before /or/ after permit_sasl_authenticated, and the last rule should be an explicit "reject".
      >
      > Quick question on this, not ever a permit mynetworks?
      >
      > (I mean, I can't think of a reason mynetworks would need to use submission, but is there any reason not to allow it?)

      mynetworks may be OK in most cases but

      * without authentication use port 25 and mynetworks
      * if a client is using submission it is good practice to have a user in the logs

      mynetworks should be genrally used with care and only for specific
      address instead whole networks with sooner or later potentially
      infected clients which can be banned if using auth even if the
      malware leaks auth data and abuse it from outside
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic