292500Re: Is postfix misconfiguration to send to wrong domain?

  • Robert Lopez
    Apr 11, 2013
      That was a fast response Jan. Thanks. Is the overall situation suggestive of any misconfiguration here?

      On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Jan P. Kessler <postfix@...> wrote:

      And these are the logfile lines for our sending of the non-delivery notice we sent. One item in these log lines I do not understand at all is "relay=server50.appriver.com[]:25". I do not understand where were that information is sourced. It looks to me that we sent the non-delivery to a wrong location.

      No, that is correct. Source of that routing information is the MX record for the target domain:

      # host -t mx ors-cpa.com
      ors-cpa.com mail is handled by 10 server50.appriver.com.
      ors-cpa.com mail is handled by 20 server51.appriver.com.

      Robert Lopez
      Unix Systems Administrator
      Central New Mexico Community College (CNM)
      525 Buena Vista SE
      Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic