292437Re: R: Scheduling policies for outgoing smtp server

  • Simone Caruso
    Apr 8, 2013
      On 06/04/2013 15:01, Wietse Venema wrote
      > There must be other solutions that can work with a fixed memory
      > budget and that can push excessive mail to a "low-priority" queue
      > that is processed when it does not interfere with other delivery.
      >
      > Any solution that requires knowledge of THE COMPLETE MAIL QUEUE
      > will be firmly rejected. I will not allow a built-in limitation on
      > the amount of mail that Postfix can handle.

      (if i understood correctly the needs of Giorgio)
      Can be the following points the way to obtain round-robin delivery based on
      sender address/ip?

      1. change the "incoming queue" directory structure indexing sub-directories with
      a per-sender index
      2. changing the algorithm used by qmgr to move email from "Incoming" to "Active"
      queue, (a foreach over subdirs)

      This increases disks i/o but you can obtain a pretty fair delivery between senders

      --
      Simone Caruso
      IT Consultant