292436Re: specific internal user rerouting to external mail service

    Apr 8, 2013
      On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 09:31:12PM +0200, Jeroen Geilman wrote:

      > On 04/05/2013 07:13 PM, gbrinker wrote:
      > >Hi, I hope I have a simple request for how and where to look to accomplish
      > >this.
      > >Situation - I was using postfix as a gateway to route incoming mail to two
      > >locations, one a listserv server and second to an exchange server with a
      > >couple of family users internally. I had a hardware crash of the exchange
      > >server and have had to reconfigure postfix to handle the listserv mail which
      > >I have done.
      > >Not an expert I have been reading Ralf's book and found that I had many
      > >errors in the original set up in continuing to use local delivery with
      > >transport maps to forward all mail to the two internal servers. I've changed
      > >set up to a relay domain now and the listserv part is functioning.
      > > The problem I still have is trying to temporarily relay the exchange users
      > >to an external service while I restore the exchange server. I have tried
      > >using transport maps and virtual maps but haven't found the key. I am able
      > >to receive the mail okay but it is held in postfix with messages such as
      > > status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: transport is
      > >unavailable)
      >
      > IFF these messages were already in the queue /before/ you changed
      > the delivery route, you must re-queue them; queued messages include
      > their static (i.e. resolved) next-hop transport destination, which
      > will not change merely because you altered configuration.
      >
      > Run "postsuper -r ALL" (with capitals) to re-queue.

      This is not correct. Only "content_filter" settings are queue-file sticky.
      Transport resolution happens each time a message enters the active queue.

      If the OP used a content_filter that does not at this time correspond
      to a transport in master.cf, a "postsuper -r" may be required.

      If the OP has a entries in the transport table that map destinations
      to non-existent transports, then a simple update to the transport
      table is sufficient.