292362Re: Trouble configuring backup MX to reject unauth destination

  • Brian Evans
    Apr 5, 2013
      On 4/5/2013 6:56 AM, Titanus Eramius wrote:
      > Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:09:04 -0400 (EDT) skrev Wietse Venema
      > <wietse@...>:
      >
      >> Titanus Eramius:
      >>> MAIL FROM:<>
      >>> 250 2.1.0 Ok
      >>> RCPT TO:<real-user@...>
      >>> 250 2.1.5 Ok
      >>> RCPT TO:<non-existent@...>
      >>> 250 2.1.5 Ok
      >>> If non-existent@... is substituted with non-existent@...,
      >>> then it is still rejected with "... unknown in virtual mailbox
      >>> table".
      >> You appear to have a wild-card rule that replaces @... with
      >> @.... Such a rule matches all addresses including invalid ones.
      >>
      >> Instead use a MySQL query as decribed in
      >> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/postfix-users/message/247913
      >>
      >> Wietse
      > Thank you for the link, it was very informative, but didn't solve the
      > problem. I also tried making a virtual_mailbox_maps MySQL query that
      > always returned false, but Postfix still accepted all mail, and then
      > bounced it after Dovecot rejected it.

      You say you return "false"?
      Postfix expects to receive no results (a.k.a. 0 rows) if a
      virtual_mailbox_maps address in mysql does not exist.
      Do not return "false", empty string, null, or any other value if it does
      not exist.

      Brian
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic