292245Re: dictionary-attack

  • Matthew Hall
    Mar 27, 2013
      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:
      > On 3/27/2013 7:18 PM, Matthew Hall wrote:
      >> I altered the restrictions according to the new advice:
      >>
      >> relay_restrictions - removed
      >
      > there's no reason to remove the safety net.

      Makes sense. Corrected.

      > Your smtpd_recipient_restrictions look great, but I will mention
      > list.dsbl.org is dead and unlikely to return; probably best to
      > remove that line instead of just commenting it out.

      Agree. Corrected.

      One other question here. So, if I have a host which matches
      permit_sasl_authenticated, but also matches one of the rejections
      present in check_reverse_client_hostname_access, but
      permit_sasl_authenticated comes first in recipient_restrictions, then
      it's still going to work right, because the first rule in the chain
      wins, correct? Just want to be sure I parsed the documentation
      correctly.

      > -- Noel Jones

      Thanks,
      Matthew