292158Re: Trouble configuring backup MX to reject unauth destination

  • Titanus Eramius
    Mar 22, 2013
      Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:55:21 -0400 (EDT) skrev Wietse Venema
      <wietse@...>:

      > Titanus Eramius:
      > > Besides aptget.dk this server also hosts cogky.dk (among others),
      > > and while unknown recipients is being correctly rejected with a 550
      > > when sent to aptget.dk, they are not when sent to the other virtual
      > > domains. Instead they are accepted and then returned by the
      > > MAILER_DAEMON, which in turn opens the server to backscatter.
      >
      > Where is cogky.dk defined: mydestination, virtual_alias_domains,
      > virtual_mailbox_domains, relay_domains? It must be only one.
      >
      > This answer determines where the "known" recipients must be listed:
      > local_recipient_maps, virtual_alias_maps,m virtual_mailbox_maps,
      > relay_recipients. If you list the domain or recipients in the wrong
      > place then mail will be rejected.
      >
      > See http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html
      >
      > Wietse

      The goal is a "virtual only" mailserver, so the domains is stored
      in MySQL and fetched through virtual_mailbox_domains. Besides
      virtual_mailbox_domains, I use virtual_mailbox_maps and
      virtual_alias_maps.

      The documentation is among the best documentation I have seen, but I
      can't seem to find the solution, even though I have read most of what I
      could find in relation to virtual handling.

      One more "clue" is the error messages when sending to non-existent
      users. When sending to aptget.dk Postfix responds with
      "550 5.1.1 <non_existent@...>: Recipient address rejected: User
      unknown in virtual mailbox table".

      When sending to cogky.dk the response is only "<non_existent@...>:
      user unknown"