292155Re: how to masquerade / map the from: field without masquerading the rcpt to:

    Mar 22, 2013
      Etienne Simard:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm doing some tests to hopefully use postfix instead of the other MTA
      > but I tried different ways of masquerading the domain name with
      > another one and I am not successful.
      > The closest I got was using
      >
      > mydomain = example.net
      > masquerade_domains = example.org, example.net

      masquerade_domains is a hack for poorly-organized sites. It is
      better if systems send mail with an valid email address.

      If that is not possible, consider using smtp_generic_maps on the
      boundary between the chaos and the external network. Use the same
      rewriting strategy as described, for a different problem, in
      http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#fantasy

      masquerade_domains breaks all kinds of things in Postfix, and it
      should probably be phased out, now that smtp_generic_maps exists.