292154how to masquerade / map the from: field without masquerading the rcpt to:

  • Etienne Simard
    Mar 22, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm doing some tests to hopefully use postfix instead of the other MTA
      but I tried different ways of masquerading the domain name with
      another one and I am not successful.
      The closest I got was using

      mydomain = example.net
      masquerade_domains = example.org, example.net
      smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

      @... @...

      This works in theory, but then the RCPT TO: going to test@...
      also get rewritten to test@... which is not good.

      and with
      sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical

      @... @...

      I only get the reply-to email from the recipient to be changed to
      test@...

      Any hint would be appreciated. I couldn't find the exact same example
      on the internet which is masquerading two domain domain names under
      one, but only for the
      sender's email address and not the recipient email address.

      --
      esimard
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic