292077Re: SMTP authentication

  • Reindl Harald
    Mar 19, 2013
      Am 19.03.2013 18:47, schrieb Matteo Marescotti:
      > 250 DSN
      > mail from:<marescot@...>
      > 250 2.1.0 Ok
      > rcpt to:<marescot@...>
      > 554 5.7.1 <host[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]>: Client host rejected: Access denied
      >
      > because user authentication is now required. I simply wondered why the client is rejected after "rcpt to" and not
      > just after "mail from". Maybe there is no configuration which allows for rejecting an unauthenticated client after
      > the first command. I asked because you are certainly more familiar than me with Postfix configuration options.
      > Thank you anyway

      because it is a really stupid idea to reject too soon and
      after that missing informations from logfiles which can
      be helpful if your user calls you for support or you
      want provide the user actively support

      iPhones as exmaple are here regulary clients losing for
      whatever reason the auth-settings and try for weeks
      and months to submit the same message

      in such cases it is helful provide the user a logentry
      with MAIL FROM and MAIL TO because he thinks the
      message was sent
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic