292030Re: Support for MDB in postfix 2.10?

    Mar 17, 2013
      Wietse Venema:
      > Quanah Gibson-Mount:
      > > <wietse@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Please keep me posted when there is a package that *other* people
      > > > can install on a main-stream OS distribution, so that *I* know what
      > > > *their* Postfix will need work with.
      > >
      > > FreeBSD now has an official lmdb ports package.
      > > <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=174007> has been closed.
      >
      > I have updated the Postfix patch for "lmdb" databases. This is now
      > included in snapshot 20130315.

      Snaphot 20130317 addresses sub-optimal behavior in the LMDB client
      code that affected tlsmgr and "postmap -i", and it makes the code
      more resilient.

      In particular, the Postfix LMDB client will no longer keep crashing
      on a "database full" error. Instead, Postfix can now recover without
      immediately requiring human intervention. This is important because
      many Postfix databases contain data that is maintained by a Postfix
      daemon process, and the size of the data is not known in advance.

      With this, LMDB no longer requires constant watching for "database
      full" errors. As the system recovers from an error, it logs a warning
      that humans can take care of the next day.