291798Re: smtpd_relay_restrictions in 2.10.0

  • Reindl Harald
    Mar 6, 2013
      Am 06.03.2013 11:08, schrieb Nikolaos Milas:

      > I had a postfix 2.9.4 and upgraded to 2.10.0 (on CentOS 6.3 x86_64), building an RPM using Simon J. Mudd's SRPM
      > (for v2.9.x). During installation, I got:
      >
      > warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf created as /etc/postfix/main.cf.rpmnew
      > warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf created as /etc/postfix/master.cf.rpmnew
      > COMPATIBILITY: editing /etc/postfix/main.cf, overriding
      > smtpd_relay_restrictions to prevent inbound mail from unexpectedly
      > bouncing. Specify an empty smtpd_relay_restrictions value to keep
      > using smtpd_recipient_restrictions as before.
      >
      > So, I thought I should set: "smtpd_relay_restrictions = "

      which would kill your server

      > but I already have:
      >
      > smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
      > permit_sasl_authenticated defer_unauth_destination
      >
      > So, is there something I should do? (Updated Postfix seems to be working fine.)

      if "smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks" is what you want use it
      the new default is for instalaltions which did not set it at all and
      especially for completly new setups to minimize the danger of a open
      relay more as before
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic