291753Re: question re. sasl authentication - thanks and follow-up (lockouts?)

  • Miles Fidelman
    Mar 3, 2013
      Folks,

      Thanks for your replies re. sasl authentication. In thinking about
      things, and looking at all the attacks on our mailer (repeated attempts
      to authenticate and send email), it occurs to me:

      Does the postfix smtpd provide any mechanisms for locking out
      IP/username combinations that repeatedly fail authentication - in the
      same way that human login can get locked out after n failed
      authentication attempts? Seems like this might be a good countermeasure
      for brute force password guessing attacks against smtpd.

      Thanks,

      Miles Fidelman

      In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic