291706Re: Public free (libre) mailbox hosting service for everybody!

  • אנטולי קרסנר
    Feb 28, 2013
      You pay nothing to Google but get an excellent mailbox. Not libre, but
      it does the job. Many people volunteer for free software. Somehow they
      find time. I realize a reliable server needs people to work on it
      full-time, it's not just a little web application you write in 10
      minutes.

      But that's why I'm trying to get funding. If expenses can be covered,
      that solves the problem.

      You're right, there's no magic solution.

      It's not simple, but possible. And look at MyKolab. There you go, it's a
      company which plans to launch a libre mailbox service! Yes, users will
      have to pay money. Yes, I'm trying to get the project funded so that
      people can get exposed to free software and software freedom, and
      migrate from GMail, at no cost.

      Like I said, I'll update when there's new information.

      On ה', 2013-02-28 at 16:35 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

      > Am 28.02.2013 16:30, schrieb אנטולי קרסנר:
      > > Persoanlly, I don't have time, knowledge or money (I'm a university
      > > student) to setup and maintain a mail server
      >
      > and the people who have the knowledge and money do not have
      > the time because maintain a RELIEABLE mailserver costs a lot
      > of time, especially if you try to open it for everybody because
      > you can guess how many idiots you get as users which only
      > abuse your service with spam and misuse
      >
      > as always: you get what you pay for

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic