291648Re: Running namecache service on postfix server?

  • Robert Moskowitz
    Feb 27 9:38 AM
      On 02/27/2013 12:26 PM, DTNX Postmaster wrote:
      > On Feb 27, 2013, at 18:05, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Another tidbit is you should firewall access to port 53. Your caching server is only for you. It is listening only on localhost, but why open up a port not needed.
      > Review the examples given again, please. Why would you need to firewall
      > a local nameserver that ONLY listens on the localhost interface?

      I would hope you are running local firewall, and only opening what is
      needed. Just pointing out that there is no need to open port 53 as it
      is only used local.

      Also about chroot. Only needed if you disable selinux.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic