291645Re: Running namecache service on postfix server?

  • Robert Moskowitz
    Feb 27, 2013
      On 02/27/2013 11:47 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

      > Am 27.02.2013 17:42, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
      >> On Centos 6.3 (bind 9.8.2 with security patches) I did:
      >>
      >> yum install bind bind-chroot
      >>
      >> In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 set:
      >>
      >> DNS1=127.0.0.1
      >> DNS2=::1
      >>
      >> ifdown eth0; ifup eth0
      >>
      >> Add to /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf options section:
      >>
      >> forward only;
      >> forwarders {
      >> 'IPv4 addr of forwarded server';
      >> 'IPv6 addr of forwarded server';
      >> 'etc.';
      >> };
      > hopefully to your own TRSUTABLE forwarders and not
      > to ISP resolvers which all of their mangeling and
      > the problems if you use spamhaus.org and such blacklists
      > that you get blocked

      Yes, you ONLY forward to servers where there is agreement that you MAY
      use them as forwarders. This is typically your own main DNS servers.
      Otherwise, it runs 'out-of-the-box' as a caching server using the
      regular '.' hints to find things.

      Another tidbit is you should firewall access to port 53. Your caching
      server is only for you. It is listening only on localhost, but why open
      up a port not needed.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic