291630Re: Running namecache service on postfix server?

  • DTNX Postmaster
    Feb 27, 2013
      On Feb 27, 2013, at 12:58, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

      > Viktor Dukhovni:
      >> Perhaps "postfix check" could generate a warning if DANE is enabled
      >> and non-local nameservers are found in /etc/resolv.conf (or and/or
      >> its chroot-jail version).
      > I think it would be entirely reasonable to share a DNS cache among
      > multiple systems within the same trusted perimeter. One DNS server
      > per host in a farm of mail servers may not be practical.

      A local cache on each, forwarding to two or three resolvers that are
      nearby? Local for DNSSEC verification, nearby cache for performance
      reasons? Am I missing something that would make that impractical?

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic