291595Re: reject empty sender address for authenticated users

  • Bastian Blank
    Feb 26, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 01:50:34AM +0100, Piotr Rotter wrote:
      > Can I set postfix to reject empty sender address for authenticated users.

      Null-sender must be accepted. There are several occasions where a MUA
      may send them, for example DSN mandates its usage sometimes.

      RFC 6409 specifies:
      | Note that a null return path, that is, MAIL FROM:<>, is permitted and
      | MUST NOT, in itself, be cause for rejecting a message. (MUAs need to
      | generate null return-path messages for a variety of reasons, including
      | disposition notifications.)

      Bastian

      --
      Peace was the way.
      -- Kirk, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate unknown