291568Re: reject empty sender address for authenticated users

    Feb 25, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 01:50:34AM +0100, Piotr Rotter wrote:

      > Can I set postfix to reject empty sender address for authenticated users.
      >
      > I want to disallow this:
      >
      > 235 2.7.0 Authentication successful
      > MAIL FROM: <>
      > 250 2.1.0 Ok

      This breaks your service for all users who want to operate an MTA
      (say Postfix on their home machine) that uses your system as a
      relay. With the null-sender "<>" blocked, they can no longer send
      bounces.

      Do you in fact mean to discontinue your service for MTAs? If so,
      you can do so along lines Wietse suggested. Otherwise, you may need
      to reconsider your options.