291559Re: Support for MDB in postfix 2.10?

    Feb 25, 2013
      Quanah Gibson-Mount:
      > --On Monday, February 25, 2013 7:36 PM +0100 Patrick Lists
      > <postfix-list@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Judging from the git commit log, on Nov 12, 2012 the "l" was added due to
      > > a naming conflict with other mdb* packages. See commit:
      > >
      > > http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=commitdiff;h=13
      > > f3bcd59c2055d53e4759b0c3356b001eca44b0
      > >
      > > So the correct name is lmdb (liblmdb.so and lmdb.h).
      >
      > Specifically because there is a package on Debian that already provided
      > "libmdb.so" for some software from Microsoft. We couldn't find any
      > conflict with liblmdb.so.

      I figured this was mdbtools (for Microsoft Access databases) which
      is available for Linux and BSD systems among others.

      Please keep me posted when there is a package that *other* people
      can install on a main-stream OS distribution, so that *I* know what
      *their* Postfix will need work with.