291521Re: header_checks issue

  • Deeztek.com Support
    Feb 24, 2013
      On 2/24/2013 8:19 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Someone:
      >> You can, but the bob entry is redundant. I don't recommend per-mailbox
      >> transport entries at all, it is best to stick to per-domain transport
      >> entries only, and handle per-user routing via virtual(5) alias rewriting.
      > Wietse:
      >> Typically this would be done with virtual aliases that send
      >> bob@... to bob@...
      > Deeztek.com Support:
      >> I cannot seem to find any reference to the format you have suggested
      >> above for the aliases file. I tried it as
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
      >
      > /etc/postfix/virtual:
      > bob@... bob@...
      >
      > For example bob@[1.1.1.1]
      >
      > Wietse
      I tried it in the /etc/postfix/virtual file also with no success before
      I sent out the previous e-mail.

      So there is no confusion. I have one domain let's call it mydomain.com.
      I have 3 servers. One is the relay server that intercepts all incoming
      mail and filters out spam etc and the other two are mail servers located
      at 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 which are the ultimate destination after the
      relay server processes the e-mail.

      I have the following entry in /etc/postfix/transports for the domain in
      the relay server:

      mydomain.com smtp:[1.1.1.1]

      Most of the e-mail for that domain is of course relaying to the 1.1.1.1
      server. However, there are some e-mail addresses on that domain that I
      want to make an exception for and I need to relay the e-mail to 2.2.2.2
      instead of 1.1.1.1. So, if we had a user called joe@... that
      instead of relaying to 1.1.1.1 like normal, how would I input that entry
      in etc/postfix/virtual to instead relay to the 2.2.2.2 server?

      thanks in advance