291486Re: Problem with relay_domains lookups

  • Geoff Shang
    Feb 21, 2013
      On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Wietse Venema wrote:

      >> In ldap-domains.cf, I use %d as the key to look for. Should I be using %s
      >
      > That was the mistake. As documented in ldap_table(5):
      >
      > %d When the input key is an address of the form user@domain,
      > %d is replaced by the (RFC 2253) quoted domain part of
      > the address. Otherwise, the search is suppressed and
      > returns no results.
      >
      > You probably want this:
      >
      > %s This is replaced by the input key. RFC 2253 quoting is
      > used to make sure that the input key does not add unex-
      > pected metacharacters.

      You're right. This was the problem.

      My initial mistake was taking a postgresql example of a relay_domains
      lookup which I assumed to be functional, and applying it to my situation.
      When using %d didn't work, I wrongly guessed that the lookup used the full
      address as key. I can see where I went wrong with this, as a static file
      will of course only have the domain.

      It now appears to work as documented. Thanks everyone for your help.

      Cheers,
      Geoff.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic