291477Re: setting up postscreen on a system with multiple external interfaces

  • Erik Slagter
    Feb 21, 2013
      On 21-02-13 15:29, DTNX Postmaster wrote:
      >> See above, SMTP welcome string. Which I added as an option to both the
      >> smtpd and the postscreen line... None of them were honoured.
      >
      > Postscreen has its own set of options. Read the documentation;
      > http://www.postfix.org/postscreen.8.html

      man postscreen.

      The postscreen (and fwiw tslproxy) has it's own set of options which
      are... by default... copied from the standard smtpd_* options!

      Also tried it with setting these options explicitly (with no success),
      but didn't want to flood information.

      > Also, avoid trying to 'optimize' for cosmetic reasons. Things like the
      > welcome string are generally only seen by machines, have no impact on
      > the operation of the mail server in general, and so on. But if you
      > cannot resist doing so, this may be what you are looking for;
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#postscreen_greet_banner

      The welcome string is very important for me, because, as may be obvious
      now, that's a very quick way to check if per-interface settings are
      honoured. This is completely NOT about the welcome string on itself,
      it's about per-interface options not being honoured, so I end up without
      TLS support on the outside interface, whilst if I disable postscreen, it
      simply works!

      The only thing I need is an example of a master.cf file where postfix
      listens on various interfaces with different options, and then the same
      with postscreen enabled and still working (i.e. the per-interface smtpd
      options are honoured).

      Or a good explanation of the workflow of postscreen, a.o. what the two
      "example" lines in the README actually do, so I can adapt that to my
      situation.

      Thx.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic