291475Re: setting up postscreen on a system with multiple external interfaces

  • DTNX Postmaster
    Feb 21, 2013
      On Feb 21, 2013, at 14:32, Erik Slagter <erik@...> wrote:

      > On 21-02-13 13:04, DTNX Postmaster wrote:
      >
      >> http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html
      >> Have you followed those instructions?
      >
      > Yes I did (of course).
      >
      > The README does NOT give any information on the use of multiple
      > interfaces. It says "change ... into ..." but my master file doesn't
      > have these lines. It would be much better if it would explain HOW it
      > works so you can do the adjustments yourself.

      [snip]

      >> Other than that, post proof that options are not honored anymore. The
      >> most likely cause is that you are trying to apply something to
      >> 'postscreen' that is only supported for 'smtpd'?
      >
      > See above, SMTP welcome string. Which I added as an option to both the
      > smtpd and the postscreen line... None of them were honoured.

      Postscreen has its own set of options. Read the documentation;

      http://www.postfix.org/postscreen.8.html

      Also, avoid trying to 'optimize' for cosmetic reasons. Things like the
      welcome string are generally only seen by machines, have no impact on
      the operation of the mail server in general, and so on. But if you
      cannot resist doing so, this may be what you are looking for;

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#postscreen_greet_banner

      Cya,
      Jona
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic