291467setting up postscreen on a system with multiple external interfaces

  • Erik Slagter
    Feb 21, 2013
      Hello all,

      Please help me with the following. I have here a postfix system that
      listens on multiple (external) interfaces, e.g. one of them receives
      e-mail from the internet, one of them receives more or less secure mail
      from associated institutions.

      E-mail received on the "internet" interface receives full processing,
      including amavis which calls spamassassin (by proxy filter) and it
      should offer "may" level TLS (no discussion about that please ;-)).

      The e-mail received on the "secure" interface receives limited
      processing, e.g. no amavis and it doesn't need to offer TLS.

      Besides that there are also a few "internal" interfaces postfix listens
      on as well, with minimal processing, but with dkim signing.

      So there are actually multiple flows through the system, depending on
      the interface the mail was received on.

      I want to start using postscreen. Of course I am not going to "test" in
      a production environment, so I made a comparable postfix installation
      and with that installation I ran into a problem:

      The options (-o) that I specify on the various per-interface smtpd
      instances are NOT honoured anymore. I can check that quite easily
      because the hello string varies per interface and also TLS is no longer
      offered (disabled in the main.cf and enable on a per-interface basis in
      the master.cf file). When I revert to non-postscreen operation, it works
      like expected.

      Is this intentional? A know bug? Or something I should do another way?
      Anyone that has this configuration running, with postscreen?

      I must say the "howto" isn't very clear on this matter, it assumes you
      only have only one external interface.

      Thanks in advance.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic