291462Re: Problem with relay_domains lookups

    Feb 20, 2013
      Geoff Shang:
      > On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Noel Jones wrote:
      >
      > > Postfix uses the domain as the lookup key, not the whole address.
      > > Test with:
      > >
      > > $ postmap -q example.com ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-domains.cf
      >
      > I was initially doing this but it didn't work.
      >
      > In ldap-domains.cf, I use %d as the key to look for. Should I be using %s

      That was the mistake. As documented in ldap_table(5):

      %d When the input key is an address of the form user@domain,
      %d is replaced by the (RFC 2253) quoted domain part of
      the address. Otherwise, the search is suppressed and
      returns no results.

      You probably want this:

      %s This is replaced by the input key. RFC 2253 quoting is
      used to make sure that the input key does not add unex-
      pected metacharacters.

      But, like Noel. I have no LDAP experience.