291402Re: virtual-regex problem

    Feb 15, 2013
      On 2/15/2013 10:34 AM, Alex wrote:
      > I have checked my syntax and added another email matching string. It
      > works only if wild card match is not present. As soon as wildcard is
      > added other matches stop working. I can see in the maillog that
      > initially regex is happening and then wildcard takes over. Is there
      > anything else I can look at it? Thank you

      As documented, virtual_alias_maps lookups are recursive, meaning the
      map is searched repeatedly until either there is no result, or the
      result is the same as the lookup key.

      To keep the wildcard from grabbing everything (wildcards are evil),
      your map must have extra entries to "protect" the addresses you
      don't want grabbed by the wildcard. This is called a 1-1 mapping entry.

      Your map must be structured similar to:

      A -> B # rewrite A to B
      B -> B # 1-1 mapping to protect B from wildcard
      wildcard # wildcard matches everything

      Your map is missing the 1-1 mapping entry, so the wildcard matches