291339Re: Postscreen: bad command startup -- throttling issues

  • LDB
    Feb 13, 2013
      On Feb 13, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

      > LDB:

      >>> My /var/log/mail.err file is empty. I am not seeing any other postscreen messages in any of the mail or mail.{info,err,warn} logs.
      >>
      >> I increased the debugging output in master.cf using "-D -vvvvv".
      >
      > I did not ask you to do that. postscreen logs the error message
      > and you just need to learn where to find it. Adding more logging
      > just makes the information harder to find.
      >
      > Start with /etc/syslog.conf and examine EVERY FILE listed there.
      >
      > Wietse

      I agree and I understood. Although, here is the impetus behind my change to produce more verbose logs.

      Postfix is seemingly logging to the correct facility:

      server:/var/log # postconf -d | grep syslog
      syslog_facility = mail
      syslog_name = ${multi_instance_name:postfix}${multi_instance_name?$multi_instance_name}

      Syslog is seemingly configured properly, as well:

      server:/var/log # grep mail /etc/rsyslog.conf
      # email-messages
      mail.* -/var/log/mail
      mail.info -/var/log/mail.info
      mail.warning -/var/log/mail.warn
      mail.err /var/log/mail.err
      *.*;mail.none;news.none -/var/log/messages

      But yet, /var/log/mail.err, remains empty.

      Once again, I am refraining from changing much of the defaults in Postfix or within the OS.

      Thank you,

      LDB
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic