291190Re: Archiving mails based on subject - Was: Re: sometimes_bcc?

    Feb 7, 2013
      On 2/7/2013 10:12 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
      > Am 07.02.2013 15:55, schrieb Noel Jones:
      >> On 2/7/2013 8:29 AM, Michael Storz wrote:
      >>>
      >>> How about using a smtp_header_checks with FILTER action which routes
      >>> such emails to another postfix instance which will then bcc all emails?
      >>
      >> Nice thought. smtp_header_checks can't change the destination, but
      >> you could use FILTER with regular header_checks. This could be made
      >> to work, but doesn't seem like a very good solution because of the
      >> complex mail routing involved. I think using amavisd-new is the
      >> most promising idea.
      >>

      >> -- Noel Jones
      >>

      > hi Noel, what about using a separate bcc transport to archive domain with
      > smtp_header_checks pcre if subject REDIRECT user@domain
      > all other DISCARD ?

      smtp_header_checks can't change the destination, so no REDIRECT and
      no DISCARD.

      I suppose you could BCC everything to a separate postfix instance
      (transport table entry for the bcc recipient that points to a
      separate instance) and use header_checks in the second postfix to
      DISCARD non-matching subjects. Mail without a Subject: would not be
      discarded; header_checks can't test for missing headers. This might
      work, but I'd be concerned about mail loops.