291187Re: Is a late header check possible?

    Feb 7, 2013
      On 2/7/2013 8:58 AM, Titanus Eramius wrote:
      > I'm running SpamAssassin as a content_filter on incoming mail which ads
      > 4 spam-headers, one of them being "X-Spam-Level:". The precise
      > header varies, depending on the spamscore. SpamAssassin ads one "*" for
      > each spampoint, so a example-header could be:

      > I would like to have the ability to redirect mails with that header to
      > a account where I can store them.
      >
      > So basically I *think* I'm asking if Postfix have a header_checks
      > feature that runs after the content filters?

      I'll assume your content_filter reinjects mail to localhost:10025
      after processing.

      Note: make sure your post-filter header checks don't ever reject
      mail. That would make you a backscatter source and get you blacklisted.

      The cleanest way to do this is a separate postfix instance (not just
      a master.cf listener service) that listens on 10025, with its own
      header_checks. This also gives the very nice benefit of separation
      between pre-filter and post-filter mail.

      Alternately, you can do some master.cf gyrations. This is likely
      easier to set up, but more confusing long-term. Something like:

      # master.cf
      # existing reinjection listener
      127.0.0.1:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
      ... existing stuff ...
      -o cleanup_service_name=cleanup_filter

      # copy of the existing cleanup service
      cleanup_filter unix n - n - 0 cleanup
      -o header_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks_filter
      -o body_checks=

      and then put your after-filter checks in header_checks_filter.