291117Re: Could you help me with Postfix + MimeDefang?

  • Bill Cole
      On 4 Feb 2013, at 15:26, Mark Alan wrote:

      > The problem is how to do it in order to to process a SINGLE target
      > email address (the address of a given mailing list), without consuming
      > unnecessary machine resources, i.e., without "miltering" all the email
      > that arrives at the postfix server.

      As Noel said, Postfix offers no way to do that. You could do it inside
      MD, but it won't be very resource-sparing to do so because MD will build
      its per-message working directory for you before your filter can tell it
      to pass the message along unmolested. An alternative to hooking the MD
      milter into your main smtpd would be to define a transport in master.cf
      running smtpd with MD as a milter, and use postfix's transport map to
      route just the one address there. This would also allow you to avoid the
      ugly problem of envelope recipient splitting inside MD. You can probably
      get a more complete answer on the MD mailing list. Also note that
      configuring MD means writing a collection of Perl functions with
      predefined interfaces to implement the message filtering. If you are not
      comfortable writing Perl, MD may not be the right tool for you.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic