291093Re: postfix-install: bin/postconf ignores new settings and re-uses old main.cf

  • Reindl Harald
    Feb 4, 2013
      Am 04.02.2013 02:05, schrieb Mark Ashley:
      > I ran across a problem when installing postfix 2.9.5 on Solaris 10 and
      > 11. If there is a pre-existing main.cf on the system then the "make
      > install" step will re-use this, instead of using the settings
      > contained in the new 2.9.5 code tree.
      >
      > It makes installing a new version problematic as you don't expect that
      > sort of behaviour, old configs polluting new code. It's billed as a
      > "transition aid" but it's annoying when you go out of your way to
      > configure the postfix source tree to use other settings.

      sorry but what do you expcet?

      here are running a lot of postfix installs initially setup with
      postfix 2.4.x and now running on 2.10dev and a update should
      never mangle or replace existing configurations especially
      since postfix is backward compatbile like no other software
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic