290834Re: Balancing destination concurrency + rate delay

  • Steve Jenkins
    Jan 18, 2013
      On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:06 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      As for what settings work better with high-volume receivers, I
      suggest a search query for "aol postmaster", "yahoo postmaster" etc.

      Agreed - but Yahoo is really the only one we're having issues with (even after complying with all their guidelines here):

      Yes, we do confirmed opt-in, and DKIM, and we unsubscribe bounces within 24 hours, and have FBLs set up, and dedicated IPs, and have good sender reputation scores, and have completed Yahoo's Bulk Sender Application Form, etc, etc. The fact that 2 days after sending nearly 400K newsletters to our subscribers, we still have 70K in our fallback relay's deferred queue, and that 100% of them are @yahoo.com addresses, means we still need to work on our Yahoo-specific Postfix settings.

      Unfortunately, Yahoo's official word on outbound mailer settings is too general to be of much use:

      "Use common-sense settings. While we have not published guidelines for numbers of connections you can concurrently use, we ask that you treat our resources with respect. The more you take, the fewer there are for others, which may force us to defer your connections."

      So that's why I'm asking other Postfix users who run high-volume mailers if they would be so kind as to share their experiences with Postfix concurrency limits and/or rate delays when dealing with Yahoo in particular. Is that a taboo subject here? Or perhaps just not the right forum in which to discuss it?

      Thx,

      SteveJ
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic