290830Re: Balancing destination concurrency + rate delay

    Jan 18, 2013
      > I read that warning, but wasn't sure I understood it properly. I
      > know that setting destination recipient limit to anything above
      > one defines a "destination" as a domain, so by setting it to 2
      > we're saying "wait 1s between every delivery to a Yahoo domain,"

      As for what settings work better with high-volume receivers, I
      suggest a search query for "aol postmaster", "yahoo postmaster" etc.

      With per-destination recipient limit > 1, destination = domain,
      and different destinations(=domains) are delivered in parallal
      subject to concurrency limits. This enforces fairness between
      different destinations(=domains).
      With rate delay > 0, per-destination(=domain) concurrency is 1.

      With per-destination recipient limit = 0, destination = recipient,
      and different destinations(=recipients) are delivered in parallal
      subject to concurrency limits. This enforces fairness between
      different destinations(=recipients).
      This setting is used by the local delivery agent.